We offer 4 college essay workshops during the summer for students who are entering 12th grade and applying to UC and Common Application colleges. The workshops are taught in small seminars. The general details are as follows and may be subject to change. A firm schedule will be posted in February of each year.
- UC Personal Insight Essays + Common Application Essay Workshop
- One week per college essay workshop with classes meeting 2 or 3 days for 2-3 hours for the week.
- Classes will meet either in the late evenings or early morning hours to accommodate the busy schedule of college-bound Seniors.
- Creative brainstorming and techniques will be taught in the class.
- Students will generate rough drafts for their pieces with time in class to begin drafting the essays.
- Essays will go through on average 3-4 revisions and editing cycles by expert English teachers. Detailed commentary will be sent to students within 24 hours.
- By the end of the week, students will have completed the required college essays.
- We will also review the actual application and provide students with some tips.
- A personal laptop and a commitment to all scheduled dates will be required by the student. There are no make-ups for missed classes during the college essay workshop.
- Tuition and further details will be announced in February of each year.
- To register for the workshops, please fill out an online Enrichment registration form. See further details in the PDF schedule below.
- Space is very limited.
Summer 2017 College Essay Workshops details and registration begins on February 13, 2017.