The Junior Jumpstart Package is designed for the student who is focused and ready to start planning ahead. Thinking about college is an exciting time, but often the privilege and access to higher education are clouded with stress and anxiety. Our consultant’s job is to build confidence, create a space for concrete discussions about career goals, and optimize a student’s application profile by showcasing their very best.
Students who enroll in this package can expect:
- Meetings begin October of Junior Year and end in January of Senior Year
- Formal meetings will occur monthly in October of Junior Year-end December / January of Senior Year when applications have been submitted.
- We typically do not meet students in April / May of Junior year due to heavy AP and Standardized Testing, but will have all necessary task items completed before this date.
- The consultant will also check in with the student in the Spring of Senior year when students begin to make decisions about acceptance letters.
- Evaluate academic history and records.
- Discuss coursework for Senior year.
- Provide career and assessment tools for discussions about potential majors.
- Provide personality assessment as an added value when discussing career plans.
- Develop a resume.
- Create a timetable for deadlines.
- Preview college applications.
- Helping students find the best college fits and creating a college list.
- Support essay editing for summer internships and volunteer programs, if necessary.
- Brainstorm and support the entire college essay writing process which includes:
- UC Personal Insights Questions
- Common Application Base Personal Statement
- Includes 3 college supplemental essays, if applicable.
- Important note: students will be offered to attend our Summer College Essay Boot Camp.
- Many of the hours in this package will be spent on developing the essays, which will go through a creative brainstorming process, timelines, and multiple draft revisions with trained editors.
- Ensure all application questions are answered and prepared.
- Strategic guidance about Early Decision / Early Action.
- Provide financial aid resources and tools for parents.
- Interview preparation and tips, if applicable.
- Follow up with acceptance letter decisions.
Students who enroll in this package are committed to putting forth their best efforts. These students are independent, motivated, and understand that the consultants’ job is not to submit or complete the application nor write the college personal statements. Rather, the consultants’ role is to support and provide guidance during this process.
The best time to reserve a spot for this package is Spring before Junior year. Additional applications and supplemental essays will incur an extra fee. The Junior Jumpstart package rate starts at $6,500.
Space is very limited with this comprehensive package.