We offer 4 college essay workshops during the summer for students who are entering 12th grade and applying to UC and Common Application colleges. The workshops are taught in small seminars. The general details are as follows:
- UC Personal Insight Essays + Common Application Essay Workshop
- One week per college essay workshop with classes meeting 2 or 3 days for 2 hours per class meeting.
- Classes will meet in the late evenings to accommodate the busy schedule of college-bound Seniors.
- Creative brainstorming and techniques will be taught in the class.
- Students will generate rough drafts for their essays with time in class to begin drafting the essays.
- Essays will go through on average 3-4 revisions and editing cycles by expert English teachers. The detailed commentary will be sent to students within 24 hours.
- By the end of the week, students will have completed the required college essays.
- A personal laptop and a commitment to all scheduled dates will be required by the student. There are no make-ups for missed classes during the college essay workshop.
- Tuition is $1325 for the UC Personal Insight Essay Workshop.
- Tuition is $1025 for the Common Application Essay Workshop.
- There is a $200 discount off tuition if you enroll in both workshops.
- To register for the workshops, please fill out an online Enrichment registration form. See further details in the PDF schedule below.
- Space is very limited.
Summer 2019 College Essay Workshops details and registration begins on February 2019.