Common Core English Test Preparation
Common Core English Test Preparation Grades 3-6
The Common Core State Standards Initiative explains that today’s students are preparing to enter a world in which colleges and businesses are demanding more than ever before. To ensure all students are ready for success after high school, the Common Core State Standards establish clear, consistent guidelines for what every student is expected to know through their formative years of schooling, kindergarten through 12th grade. The Common Core focuses on developing the critical-thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills students will need to be successful in their careers.
Beginning in grade 3, students must be prepared for a new methodology in learning and testing. While teachers play a key role in helping students gain the skill set and knowledge required by these standards, the pressure lies on the students and their ability to pass the exam. The Common Core Preparation courses will provide curriculum materials appropriate for each respective grade level.
- To assist students who desire to excel and have the initiative to seek improvement and mastery of the standards, our Common Core Preparation course provides students with the guidance and techniques necessary to navigate the exam questions.
- Students are exposed to a number of resources to support their strengths and weaknesses.
- Short answer based response questions are given to help students refine their written language, while also working on reading comprehension skills.
- The course provides students with ample review through classroom discussions and written practice.
- This course empowers students to feel confident about mastering a new testing format.