Language Labs Grades 3-4
You have heard the adage, practice makes perfect! We believe the traditional methods of rigorous practice have since been lost. Our goal is to bring back the rudimentary practice that is so important in helping students build a strong foundation in their language arts skills.
- Language Labs encompasses a number of essential skills your child should know at the elementary grade level.
- The course focuses on refining cursive handwriting skills, developing a stronger grammar foundation, and strengthening sentence construction by teaching students different techniques to build concrete paragraphs.
- Penmanship is no longer a standard at the school sites so teachers are no longer mandated to teach this technique.
- With guided practice, students engage in playful writing activities to bolster their handwriting, grammar, and sentence structures skills.
At the 3rd grade level, students are typically taught cursive writing. Teachers implement this type of instruction into their daily curriculum. However, with the new Common Core standards, instructing handwriting at the 3rd grade level is no longer a requirement. Students are expected to learn handwriting on their own.
- Language Lab focuses on teaching students the proper way to write cursive letters.
- Grammar rules are taught in depth with exercise and practice in addition to working on developing stronger sentence structures.
Many students still have a difficult time with cursive writing and their penmanship is often unreadable. Students in this age group are often laboring over their cursive writing which takes away from the mental energy of focusing on curriculum and content.
- This course gives students more practice with their handwriting skills so they can free up their energy for higher-level thinking.
- Grammar and sentence formations are also an important skill taught in the course.